Tripped Circuit Breaker

Old 05-01-14, 04:49 PM
Tripped Circuit Breaker

Separated from: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...ont-reset.html

I have a problem also. I had the breaker trip yesterday. It is a dual side by side one. Like its the length of the others only its split. One side its tripped and the other on. I cant get the one to reset. It has also rained heavily here. No water inside the house from what i see. I was using the microwave when it tripped. Nothing else in the rooms that are off had anything on. Weve unplugged all that in the areas that are tripped. Still wont go back on. No new appliences, wall hangings or alterations to the house. Any suggestions.

Last edited by ray2047; 05-01-14 at 05:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-14, 05:22 PM
Group Moderator
It is a dual side by side one.
Probably a tandem. They are actually two separate breakers for different circuits. Remove the wire from the tripped side of the breaker. Will the breaker now reset? If so it is a bad breaker. If it still won't reset unplug everything on the circuit and try again.

Old 05-01-14, 08:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You have a direct short somewhere. Most likely a moisture problem. Do you have a plug outside. If so is anything plugged to it or is it wet. This plug may need to be pulled and checked. Plug a lamp in outside receptacle to check if it's hot. If light does not work I'd start there. Good luck and be careful electricity can and will knock hell out you.