Wh7500E Technical feed back wanted???

Old 05-09-14, 08:56 AM
Wh7500E Technical feed back wanted???

I知 posting here to get some technical feedback from folks that have a lot more gen-set experience then I do. I知 looking to replace my old 1999 Generac PP5000T gen-set, which has served me well over the years as emergency backup for my homes essentials located in Northeast NY but now needs to be replaced.

I知 considering the following for budget reasons and would like some technical feedback on the Westinghouse model WH7500 with the following specs: 420cc Honda clone engine 7500 running watts, 9000 starting watts, alternator is a brush design with 100% copper windings, the THD is rated between 9% -15% depending on load and an AVR rated at +/- 5%. I have search reviews regarding this model and haven稚 found any negative reviews with regard to function, only cosmetic damage due to shipping.

It will be used as backup for the following: 9-year-old Miller oil fired furnace (no microprocessor), ス HP 3 wire Grundfos well pump, refrigerator (no microprocessor), 3500 watt water heater and some lights.

Would this gen-set be ok to run those items without damaging them? It will not be used to power any computers or flat screen TV痴.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-14, 06:37 PM
Group Moderator
Looks like a pretty good unit. Electric start, hour meter, 6 gallon fuel tank. The write ups are all positive and it's also a big seller on Amazon with good feedback there too.

Looks like you can't go wrong.

Old 05-09-14, 07:04 PM
It may not matter to you, but I wonder who actually manufactures this generator, Westinghouse doesn't make portable generators. I am not saying it won't serve your needs, just wondering who makes it and where. I see Home Depot sells them so I suspect it comes from China.

Old 05-10-14, 09:42 PM
They are manufactured by a small Japanese owned company call Westpro Power located in Wi. They license the Westinghouse name.

From what I found out the engine is basically a clone of the Honda GX390 bored out to 420cc's. Many of the Honda parts will fit this engine. The power-head is manufactured here in the US. I have a local service center nearby and know the owner fairly well. When I asked about the Westinghouse he said that his biggest complaint has been with cosmetic damage due to shipping as the units are not packaged all that well. He said as far as getting parts he has no problem getting any so far and that the company has been very good with regard to taking care of the customer. I have spoken to the sales rep a few times with questions I had about this unit and have to say I've been very surprised at how forthcoming he was with regard to the specs and how the unit was made. Most other manufactures I've contacted either said it was proprietary information or they flat out wouldn't tell me.