Need Help - Outlet Cover

Old 06-03-14, 08:44 PM
Need Help - Outlet Cover

I am installing an old work shallow outlet box in the end of a kitchen penninsula. I would like to put a cover plate on this to match my maple cabinet, but cannot find any cover plates that are recessed enough on the back to cover the outlet and still sit flush with the face of the cabinet. I believe that this is because part of the old work box has to sit on top of the face of the cabinet. I can get the general run of the mill plastic cover to sit flush but cannot get my wooden plate to sit flush. Do any of you know where I might find a nice wood ( preferably maple) cover plate that will sit flush?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-14, 11:54 PM
Custom wood device needed

You can give these guys a try, they will make custom plates so maybe they can recess the back of the plate where needed. WoodWallPlates.com - Wood Switch Plates - Atkison Electric

Old 06-04-14, 04:27 AM
Thank you. I will try them.

Old 06-04-14, 04:18 PM
I tried contacting these folks and no one answered. I left a voice mail and never received a call back. I guess they are not interested in selling a lone cover. Prolly not enough profit for them. I may have to make one.

Old 06-07-14, 12:04 PM
Terry Adkinson got back with me and was able to help. Nice guy and very helpful.
Thanks to all!