Replace Tabel Saw Switch

Old 06-10-14, 12:30 AM
Question Replace Tabel Saw Switch

Separated from: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...aw-switch.html

Hello out there! i tried a a seemingly similar 20amp switch from local Big box store with connectors in the same location-configuration as original switch in my craftsman 10" table saw but when i flipped it it just kept tripping the breakers! I ordered a replacement switch from Sears, but alas same thing,tripping breakers ..i wonder if i've damaged the re-set? OR not plugged wires back correctly because the pics i took didn't work out.. i've blown out w/ compressor and dusted everything in saw ..i notice on a 'Tradesman'10'' tbl saw they have the black coming in from power cord to the switch and then from the bttm.connector of the switch,goes into the re-set switch( it's black wire as well) there is also green wire coming in power cord that is screwed into chassis and a white coming in that goes into a wire nut and then into the cord to motor..i thought on mine (Craftsman 10" model 127.248100) the white and black came in from power cord into switch (w/ grn going into chassis and then into motor cord) and there was a white and black on the re-set but i think i goofed and answered my own question because there doesn't seem to be right re-laying into the power cord out of the re-set switch!the white into the wire nut,then out into motor cord in Tradesman threw me!i'm slow, i've tried .tried tried to find a schematic for the wiring 'cause i'm pretty green but to no avail,thanks for ALL the info you guys put out there,i'll try to post pics as well.thank you-jp

Last edited by ray2047; 06-10-14 at 07:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-14, 03:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Would it be possible for you to post a picture or two of your current wiring? I have my ideas, but need to confirm the situation.

Old 06-10-14, 07:32 AM
Group Moderator