Condensate Pump Hose Attached to Electrical?

Old 06-11-14, 03:55 PM
Condensate Pump Hose Attached to Electrical?

I recently had my central A/C replaced. I noticed something today that I'm concerned about. I admittedly have no idea where my old condensate pump was draining to, but presumably there was some connection to my floor drain or similar because I never saw any sign of it and obviously it wasn't flooding. I noticed today that the installers rain the new hose from the condensate pump all the way to my washing machine drain via the electrical wiring. What I mean by that is they literally strapped the hose to the wiring. I have an example picture below.

Attachment 33097

I have some concerns about whether this is actually going to work because it now literally runs like 8 ft. up from the pump, then about 20 ft across then 5 ft down to the drain, but my main concern is that piping carrying water (and water weight) is now strapped to my electrical. Is this something that is permissible by code?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-14, 04:01 PM
Condensate pumps usually have no problems pushing up 10 feet as long as that is the first thing before going horizontal.

Tying to electrical cable is a code violation. It should be separately supported.

Old 06-11-14, 04:05 PM
Group Moderator
It is not allowed to hang anything off of electrical cable/conduit per NEC. They should have installed their own hangers/supports.