Shower pump wiring - very old Stuart Turner RG50

Old 06-22-14, 09:04 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower pump wiring - very old Stuart Turner RG50

Would really appreciate some assistance in wiring up an old single feed shower pump - Stuart Turner RG50

Stripped it out of a renovation property and didn't pay any attention to how it was wired in, my bad!

The flowswitch is attached and connected, no worries there

I have 2 cables going in - one 3 core round containing standard live neutral earth and then a flat 4 core containing red, yellow and blue plus bare copper earth

I remember that the pump was switched but not much else, can anyone help me wire this up please as i'm at a loss

I am presuming that the round 3 core is the power supply and the flat 4 core is for the switch - perhaps it's blue common - red L1 - yellow L2 - earth

Any help most gratefully received

Thanks Jon

Old 06-22-14, 09:10 AM
H
On closer inspection the yellow wire connects up to the blue wire from the flowswitch

This is what's confusing me!

Old 06-22-14, 09:12 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,982 Upvotes on 3,574 Posts
Welcome to the forums from overseas

It sounds like you have the power wire identified but the switch is a mystery. Unfortunately without something more to go on..... we can't give you much help with the switch wiring. It would just be a guess. Maybe the switch housing comes apart and you can shoot us a picture or maybe there is some information on the switch ?

Do you have a VOM (volt ohmmeter) for testing ?

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 06-22-14, 10:11 AM
H
Pics

Name:  IMG_0023.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  35.9 KBName:  IMG_0024.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  33.4 KB

I hope these help, very sure there wasnt any other control unit attached just an external on/off switch

I'm sorry I don't have a voltmeter, have a testing wand that detects live wires but thats it, sorry

Thanks for any help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: