Stage and Outdoor bar

Old 07-04-14, 04:43 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Stage and Outdoor bar

putting up a stage and outdoor bar question comes down to will I have enough power. Want to run 220 50 amp in 6 gauge copper 150 feet to start a box to run the two buildings off. The stage would be for bands to play so a few amps and a sound board maybe some lights, the bar would have 3 coolers two fridges and a freezer and of course lights. would the service be able to handle the load?

Old 07-04-14, 05:36 PM
A
I doubt that will be enough. A lot of high draw items. Also note that sound equipment should be separated out for best results.

Old 07-05-14, 05:03 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
Start by listing the things you want to power and their consumption. By "cooler" I'm assuming you mean a commercial, refrigerated beverage cooler and not a insulated box you dump ice into. Three coolers, two fridges and a freezer ads up to a lot of power. In a residence a kitchen fridge warrents it's own dedicated circuit. If you follow that thought you'd need six 20 amp 120 volt circuits for refrigeration then at least another circuit or two for lighting. Add in the stage and I start thinking 200 amp service to be able to cover everything.

How much power do you want to provide for the bands? One guy with a guitar won't need much but a band with amps, speakers and lights could take quite a bit especially if they are running incandescent lighting. One circuit would be almost primitive and I'd think two circuits at the minimum.

Old 07-05-14, 05:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Your dealing with a public place with people working in direct proximity to electricity outdoors. You might want to hire a competent electrician to help you. Your walking a very slippery slope by yourself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: