Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

Need help wiring an inlet male power rocker switch (lighted)

Old 07-08-14, 11:00 PM

Hi,

I bought this power switch on Amazon and it didn't come with a wiring diagram and I can't find one on the Internet. From what I can tell, I need to run some jumper wires from the plug terminals to the lighted switch terminals, but I don't know which ones. I tried what I thought was correct and ended up arcing and tripping the breakers.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the power switch. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 10452
Size:  30.4 KBName:  image (1).jpg
Views: 12255
Size:  31.8 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-14, 06:45 AM
What is the model and mfg. Of the switch?are the 3 terminals on the left in the pic connected to the plug terminals? Are the terminals that are bridged together common with a terminal on the plug? Is one of the terminals on the right connected to the ground or neutral ?I would think the neutral.
Geo

Old 07-09-14, 11:18 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

I need a close up picture of just the switch and the numbers that are printed on it.

Name:  img.jpg
Views: 7461
Size:  31.7 KB

Old 07-09-14, 04:29 PM
I just realized that that is a 250 volt device so disregard my comments on the neutral connection,but a mdl# and mfg. May help.
Geo

Old 07-09-14, 04:44 PM
Maybe this info will help.
To connect so as to have the light on constantly - so the light helps you locate the switch regardless if it is turned on or not, or indicates that there is power connected to the switch - connect the incoming power (L and N) to terminals 1 and 2. When the switch is turned on, it will output the incoming voltage to terminals 1a and 2a.
I really can't believe it is this difficult to find a wiring Dia.
Geo

Old 07-09-14, 09:22 PM
Group Moderator
Geo......that unit only has three switch terminals. It's not exactly like most of the IEC320 C14 jack/switch plates.

Old 07-10-14, 12:52 AM
Here's how to hook it up using the switch. Don't forget a fuse or it won't work. The black is a jumper, red is your load, white is neutral, and the green circle is ground. If you want the light in the switch to work use the white jumper to the switch I am showing.
Name:  img.jpg
Views: 8507
Size:  33.3 KB