Help with aquarium fluorescent light assembly? RePost

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-14, 09:47 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with aquarium fluorescent light assembly? RePost

My last post won't show up for some reason, I believe it is due to me trying to post the links to Tiny Pic for the assembly.

So to go over it real fast one more time I have an eclipse 3 29 gallon aquarium it is pretty old and was given to me this week.

I finally got it setup and hit the button for the light hood on top and the lights turned on, I shut them off for the night and this morning button has no response the lights won't turn on.

I took the assembly out and it is very strange, it has no ballast ( i read about these ).

The wire from the outlet goes into a little black button that turns the lights on and off, than runs to each side of the fluorescent light setup but in-between the wires running to each side is a X-mas looking bulb, 1 for each light in the middle of the assembly.

I have never seen anything like this I am thinking it is the button or the little x-mas looking bulbs that are blown since I have tried 2 new fluorescent bulbs as well with no fix.

I was thinking of cutting the wire and skipping the button all together, would that be a good idea?

Any one know about these old setups that use like christmas light looking bulbs?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-14, 09:49 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I am closing this this thread. Your original has been approved. Please use that one

Closed Thread