Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

How to wire two lights, two switches and one outlet together?

How to wire two lights, two switches and one outlet together?

Old 08-14-14, 09:24 AM
Let there be light! You've done it, my friend! The mystery combination has been solved and we have power and lights! Thanks for all your help, Ray (and others)! I learned a lot from this experience (and hopefully others will learn from this). Number one, make a diagram of the original wiring pattern before disconnecting anything. And secondly, don't bite off more than you can chew. If it weren't for this forum I would have eventually had to call a licensed electrician to help. And thank goodness we didn't have a need to summons the fire department either! I will be praising this forum via social broadcast to let others know how helpful it is! I was going to upload a pic of the installed lights but the uploader is acting up. I try again later. Thanks again, Ray!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-14, 10:00 AM
Name:  DSCN1070 (640x343).jpg
Views: 225
Size:  19.2 KB here we go! thanks so much, Ray! I can see clearly now the lights are on!

Old 08-14-14, 10:14 AM
Group Moderator
Glad you got it. Thanks for letting us know but you need to thank Joe too. He's the one who saw the 2-conductor cable in the 2-gang box. I couldn't see it at first even when he pointed it out.

Old 08-14-14, 10:35 AM
Thanks go out to Joe and Ray for saving the day! Good karma to you!

Old 08-14-14, 07:17 PM
Glad you got it working.