Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

Need HELP installing Wireless Switch Remote Control Receiver Transmitter Mini ON

Need HELP installing Wireless Switch Remote Control Receiver Transmitter Mini ON

Old 08-30-14, 08:19 PM

O.K.... So here is the deal. I ordered this switch Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is DC3-5V Wireless Switch Remote Control Receiver Transmitter Mini ON OFF Relay Switch 30*13*12mm Momentary Toggle Latched 315MHZ ( the last two photos are of opposite side of switch) with the intention of using it to open and close an existing circuit with a very low load. I was able to find 5v dc with my voltmeter from a couple of pins off the existing circuit board and was even able to solder switch (+ to positive and - to negative all good there) to said pins on the circuit board to power up switch ......Everything seems to be working on that end. When I push the remote button you can hear the the switch click and see a blue led light up. Here is my question: I turn the voltmeter to ohms. From my limited understanding i should be able to see the resistance go from O.L to 0 with the click of the remote when i am measuring NC and COM or NO and COM. But I don't. Here are the readings I am getting : Between NC or NO and COM its always reading the same, regardless of pushing the remote button A or B. The reading jumps up and down between 17.xxx and 21.xxx ohms. There is no resistance between NO and NC at anytime. Please Help. Let me know if you need me to take any readings, and remember, speak to me as if I'm a short bus second grader.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-14, 10:44 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

The board comes shipped as latched which means that as long as you keep the board powered up..... the relay will stay open or closed based on last operation. The board is basically acting as an on-off switch. I'm guessing there should be a small jumper, possibly a solder blob, as a bridge across the two blue latching programming pads.

Name:  relay.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  28.1 KB

There is never a connection between the N.O. and N.C. contacts. If you measure the wires right now there should be continuity between COM and N.O. or C and N.C. When you push the remote button and hear the relay click.... the opposite pair should have continuity.

Old 08-31-14, 10:41 AM
I forgot to mention that I had previously moved the solder blob over to toggle.

Old 08-31-14, 10:54 AM
Group Moderator
I'm not sure what the difference is between toggle and latched. Both really do the same thing.
One push on..... another push off.