Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
clf bulbs

Customer reports clf exploded and caught fire.Any thoughts on best clf to buy

Old 09-05-14, 05:19 AM
They are all equally as crappy.

I sometimes use Aero-tech incandescents... they appear to be very robust and are made in the USA. I see they make a CFL that would be worth a try but I have never tried them.

http://www.aerolights.com/index.html

Old 09-05-14, 07:29 AM
J
buy led

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters.

Last edited by Tolyn Ironhand; 09-05-14 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-05-14, 07:32 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
Customer reports clf exploded and caught fire.Any thoughts on best clf to buy
Non-ballasted CFLs have been around for years, any major lamp manufacturer has good ones. Self ballasted CFLs are most popular in the homeowner market and are used to adapt incandescent fixtures to the CFL technology. Self ballasted CFLs can be found under literally hundreds of brand names, but probably the actual number of manufacturers is much fewer and most are in China. The OP didn't state which type CFL he had explode, but I suspect it was the self ballasted variety. Because these are used to replace incandescent lamps, they might be found in any type of fixture and in any environment which many times might be outside of the lamps capabilities. That being said, the brand of self ballasted CFL I have been most impressed with is TCP. These are not sold in box stores and are found at supply houses.

TCP Lighting

Old 09-05-14, 07:36 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
buy led

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters.
$$$ .....................................

Old 09-05-14, 08:21 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
I know led's are still more expensive, but currently a 40 or 60 watt bulb can be found for $5 or under and when you consider the better features and expected life time that's not bad and I do like the "instant on". I currently have about 15 or so leds in high use locations and cfls in the rest. Unfortunately the cfls are falling way short of their advertised life, but at $0.88 each it isn't even worth trying to get them replaced. I just swap them for leds and gently toss the bad ones in a box for disposal.

Bud

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: