ISO breaker box door/panel

Old 09-16-14, 07:20 PM
ISO breaker box door/panel

I am needing a panel cover for a square d 30 space box. Cat# QOC 30MG 225 F or S. Any ideas. No luck on the Internet or the local electrical supply or box stores...

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-14, 08:42 PM
You need to see a supply house hat specializes in Square D. If you have an older panel it may be time for replacement. The useful life of a panel is about 30-40 years.

Old 09-16-14, 10:28 PM
Ok. Would you or anyone else happen to know of any? I usually find what I need and can get it without any trouble but this is proving to be difficult. Also... how do I find out how old the box is?

Old 09-17-14, 05:28 AM
I think the number you posted is the catalog number of the cover/door assembly which was sold separately from the panel. The "F" or "S" designates whether the cover is designed for flush or surface installation. The catalog number of the panel should be on a label inside the panel box. If the panel is more than just a few years old I seriously doubt they are available, but you could ask Square D directly to find out. Loadcenters are typically mass produced and priced so competitively that a full line of replacement parts are rarely available for very long.

http://www.schneider-electric.us/sit.../faq_main.page

Old 09-17-14, 12:22 PM
Casualjoe thanks for your input! I have (as of now) talked with the manufacturer and all the electrical supply stores I can find locally. Still no luck... This is starting to dishearten me.

Old 09-17-14, 05:52 PM
I think if it were me I'd just replace the loadcenter and be done with it. There are a few companies that will make custom trims and doors, but it is cost prohibitive in most cases and especially for a residential application.

Old 09-18-14, 02:51 PM
I would rather not replace the panel if I can get away with it. I did find a salvage yard theat had one similiar. It was a 30 MW 225 F. Could anyone explain the difference between the two models?

Old 09-19-14, 06:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
F = flush mount, S = surface mount.

Old 09-24-14, 02:54 AM
my question is what is the difference between the model QOC 30MG225 and the model QOC 30MW225

Old 09-24-14, 10:35 PM
update!

I have obtained a template in an attempt to make a custom cover! HOORAY!!! my problem is I am unsure of how to go about this and what the electrical code will allow in terms of a door over this "custom cover". any words from the wise?

Old 09-24-14, 11:14 PM
It won't meet code because it's not a listed cover.