problem with ups battery .. quick help!

Old 09-18-14, 07:47 PM
A
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
problem with ups battery .. quick help!

previously i asked can i add another battery in ups to get more power?
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...s-battery.html

i connected two batteries in parallel. ups battery is small and 7 amphr(little bit higher voltage) while battery used in solar is of 80 amphr(charged by solar). Because of potential difference i added a switch between these two batteries. Normally solar battery's circuit is open and when electricity goes off then i switch on solar battery and close ups battery. when electricity goes off ups battery gives time to switch on solar battery and they come in contact for 2-3 only. it was running well for months.

since last week i have noticed that ups battery dies out within 2seconds(it used to give 10 minute backup) and i can't even get time to switch on solar battery. it is very bad for computer. i tried charging ups battery for 8-9 hrs but still problem persists. so has battery been damaged ? if can i know how?

Old 09-18-14, 09:11 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I think your battery has been over-charged. Were you using a charge controller?

Old 09-19-14, 03:33 AM
A
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
@justin smith.... I am not so clear which battery you are talking about. Ups battery charges via ups. I haven't used another charger and solar battery is charged via solar panel..

Charge controller is there in solar battery..ups has it's own battery(Inbuilt one with all working circuits.)..

I am facing problem on ups battery not on solar battery. The problem is ups battery can hold for just two second and I can't switch on solar battery within two second. I can't be standing there waiting to switch on solar battery as soon as electricity go off... Ups battery used to provide upto 10 min of backup and I used to switch on solar battery so there didn't used to be a problem...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: