Adding new service

Old 10-01-14, 04:31 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: usa
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding new service

I am putting in a 50A-2pole breaker to run a 220 line in the service box. I need to run the wire 45 feet through an un- finished basement. It will connect to a Spa panel on an out side wall. The panel is 125A with a 50A GFCI breaker. The hot tub is 120/240 15.5/40.5. My question is what kind of wire do I need to use for the 45 foot run from the service panel?
Old 10-01-14, 04:39 AM
ray2047's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 29,711
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
So long as the subpanel is on the outside of the wall and the cable enters the back of the sub panel you can use 6-3 NM-b. If it runs in conduit on the out side wall before reaching the subpanel you will have to transition to UF-b or THWN where it leaves the building.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: