basement remodel

Old 10-13-14, 05:59 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
basement remodel

Just finished wiring all my Halo's & wall outlets in the basement remodel , going to use 2,separate 20 amp circuits. I have read that I need a AFCI or an CAFCI breaker for the breaker in my Murray box.
Which one do I need? Or can I use either?
Thank you. Ed

Old 10-13-14, 07:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
The current code calls for an AFCI with combination protection or CAFCI.

Old 10-15-14, 08:04 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
CAFCI Breakers

The panel is Murray, the electric suppler has Siemens CAFCI 20A that is the same as Murray, Will I have an inspection issue with it not being Murray in a Murray panel?
Also I have read & read on the requirements on the CAFCI & understand it is needed in remodel of basement outlets. My question is I have one 20A line just for my Halo lighting, if its just lighting & no outlets do I need it per code?
Thank you, Ed

Old 10-15-14, 08:38 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
The panel is Murray, the electric suppler has Siemens CAFCI 20A that is the same as Murray, Will I have an inspection issue with it not being Murray in a Murray panel?
Check the label inside the panel door to see if Siemens breakers are allowed in the Murray panel, but the last I heard from a Siemens rep several years ago was that Siemens breakers are not U.L. Listed for use in Murray panels. I'd suggest using a Murray CAFCI breaker.

Also I have read & read on the requirements on the CAFCI & understand it is needed in remodel of basement outlets. My question is I have one 20A line just for my Halo lighting, if its just lighting & no outlets do I need it per code?
Yes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: