2 monitor door intercom

Old 10-15-14, 01:03 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2 monitor door intercom

hi all, need some help with connecting 2 monitors to a single power supply unit.
the monitor voltage is 12v each and the power supply unit is 24v. i had bought the intercoms a couple of years ago and had them running with 2 powe supply units. now i had to change the setup so i contacted the same company and they suggested a psu, which i bought, and also gave me a diagram of how to do the setup. which i will try to attach the image.
i have very basic knoledge on DC and i am thinking that this company did a mistake. they advised to have 2 sets of 2 core wire from the 24v transformer, one set to the 1st monitor and the 2nd set to the second monitor. i
i am afraid that connecting as they advised will burn the monitors since they might get more voltage than needed.
can you please help
Name:  Photo.jpeg
Views: 234
Size:  46.8 KB
thanks Aaron
location - Malta (europe)

Last edited by lro090; 10-15-14 at 01:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-14, 02:20 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
If you think that they made a mistake, contact them again. Ask them to verify the information. You can also contact the manufacturer of the PSU as a cross reference.

Old 10-16-14, 03:47 AM
L
HI, Thanks for your reply. I have asked them several times and their reply was always the same, that the PSU i bought has the correct voltage and amps to meet the requirements of the 2 monitors. But with the little knowledge i have, i am suspecting that connecting as stated might end up with the PSU supplying more voltage to the monitor.

What is your opinion Pulpo? or anyone else reading this post? can you please take a look at the diagram and advise if connecting as shown will divide the voltage, and the 24v supplied by the PSU will be halved and thus supplying 12v each monitor.

Thanks in Advanced

Old 10-16-14, 06:54 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
The connection is parallel that will mean 24 volts to each unit. It would have to be series to cut the voltage exactly in half but that is problematic at best. Any difference in wattage between the two units would mean one getting too much voltage and one not enough.

Name:  Photo.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  33.8 KB

Old 10-16-14, 08:17 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,050 Votes on 974 Posts
i had bought the intercoms a couple of years ago and had them running with 2 power supply units
What was the voltage on them and why aren't you still using them ?

It is very possible that your monitors may be able to work on up to 28vdc. Do you have the spec sheet that came with them or do you have an online link to them or a make and model number.

The specs should say something like 10-28vdc.