Treadmill lights come on, but does not work

Old 11-04-14, 07:58 AM
Treadmill lights come on, but does not work

I left my treadmill plugged in, power switch on, safety key out for what I am guessing is too long of a stretch of time. I went to use it yesterday and the screen lights up, the incline works, but none of the other controls work. It doesn't start. I moved it to a new outlet and even ran a cord to a different room to no avail. Hoping it might be something simple.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-14, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator
It's not simple most likely. The power supply that controls the speed on most treadmills is always powered up when the switch is on, even with the key out. It fries the components. Many brands use the same board and it's a weak point.

Try looking at Treadmilldoctor.com for help. There is also an upgraded board you can buy if you find that's the problem. Don't just buy a stock replacement, it will eventually fail as well. I'll try to find a link to a place that sells the upgrade or can upgrade yours. I have it filed away here somewhere.

Old 11-04-14, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. Looking on treadmilldoctor.com. Is it possible that it might simply be a fuse? I will test the fuses when I get home. It seems weird because there is power coming through, just not to the control panel start/stop functions. The TV screen comes on too, but the volume, on/off, change channel buttons don't work.

Old 11-04-14, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Here's the other site that deals specifically with the control board. Very good troubleshooting info and when I called the guy he was a bit crotchety but still helpful. That's assuming you have the board he specializes in of course, though I think they know pretty much everything about these babies.

MC 70 Treadmill Motor Controller MC70 - Home