Wiring inline booster fan to Kenmore electric dryer

Reply

  #1  
Old 11-05-14, 03:18 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring inline booster fan to Kenmore electric dryer

I am trying to install an inline blower (DirectFans.com, model R-110) on a Kenmore Elite Dryer (model #110-82822103) to vent the dryer, due to length of venting.

Blower control monitors the dryer neutral via a current sensor. When sensor see current, it turns blower on. After current stops, sensor keeps the blower running for around 7 minutes.

Everything is wired correctly, but when dryer is plugged in (4 wire cord, correctly installed, and 4 wire outlet, also correctly installed), the sensor turns on the blower right away, with dryer in the off position.

I ampís the neutral, and found it has .85A on it with the dryer controls in the off position, which is enough to cause the sensor to activate the blower.

I am thinking it has to do with the electronics of the dryer, since the controls seem to be all electronic, with LED time indicator and push button controls.

Is there anything that I might try to reduce the amount of current the sensor is seeing? Any other ideas?

DirectFans.com does not show any support pages that I can go to for assistance.

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-05-14, 03:42 PM
ray2047's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 33,597
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
You could use it on the motor neutral.
 
  #3  
Old 11-05-14, 05:07 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,416
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
.85 amps feeding the dryer when it is off? Something wrong there as that is about 100 watts @ 120v (one hot leg normally feeds controls and motor, both feed heating element). Double check your readings by checking amperage on each of the hot legs. If true you need to get the dryer fixed.
 
  #4  
Old 11-05-14, 05:11 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 53,230
Received 379 Votes on 356 Posts
.85A ? That just under an amp..... around 100 watts. That doesn't sound normal.
Where did you attach the current sensing switch to the neutral ?
You could use one of the hot legs also but you need to address that 100w load.
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: