Treadmill's trying to Kill Me

Old 11-11-14, 03:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Treadmill's trying to Kill Me

Ok, that was a tad dramatic, but I get these spikes in my heart when I get on it. Don't know why.

ANYWAY.

This noise seems to be coming from the drive motor, NOT the fly wheel(?terminology, yes I'm dumb). I can get more video, pictures. Hearing it on the computer sounds WAAAYYY louder even with me OFF the treadmill (I think partly because the GoPro is out of it's protective case). I've been walking on it since the noise, light jogging. Seems to be zero structural damage or rubbing, that I can SEE.

As I said, with DIY, I'm pretty dumb, but with decent instructions can figure things out if it's not a total re-haul.

Ideas, need more facts?

It's a cheapy from Wally World, Weslo Cadence 5.9 G.

Still have the receipt, still within return period, but I'd prefer to fix this (I know, problems this soon in--2.5 months and I'm 175lbs--should return it eventually)

Hopefully this Vimeo video works:

https://vimeo.com/111575574

Old 11-11-14, 03:55 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,109 Upvotes on 1,888 Posts
I would return it. If you have the receipt and it's still within the return period I'd not waste any time. Get one that works. When it starts to have trouble years from now then you can exercise your diagnostic skills.

Old 11-11-14, 04:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
@Pilot Dane, I hear ya, 100%. And maybe I will tomorrow or the next day. Gimme 2 more posts and a night to see if anyone says it's good to run until the last week of November (when I move out) : )

Or perhaps at least get lucky and identify the problem. If it's 2 turns of a crescent wrench, yippee! Somehow I doubt it.

Ok pics:

Motor looks skewed on the left toward me.

These notches match that theory:

This is making the noise

If I was a Detective I'd say, I still don't know s***

But I could shift the motor more symmetrically. Again, not sure how that would fix or explain the noise.

The belt isn't too tight or loose, tested that. POSSIBLE it could have shifted that crappily made motor housing DURING the readjustment (yeah, 1 month in already had to re-lubricate with the proper silicone though).

If nothing by morning, I'll just take the awful thing back. I've owned 4 treadmills, this one is by far the most repugnant. It actually offends me on a personal level. I thought Wal-Mart was the peak of excellence.

Anywho.

Thanks fellas, if there's anyone left

Old 11-12-14, 12:57 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,892 Upvotes on 3,489 Posts
I thought Wal-Mart was the peak of excellence.
Seriously ???? Not hardly.

By the speed of the noise..... I'd agree on a motor bearing. Can it !!

Old 11-12-14, 10:49 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
I thought Wal-Mart was the peak of excellence

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: