weather head fire

Old 11-14-14, 08:12 PM
weather head fire

I own a duplex everything in it is electric upgraded service to 200 amps per side includes seperate 200 amp breaker boxes and a shared double socket meter box now the wire at the weather head connection keeps catching on fire and it never did this before the upgrade and every thing was already all electric be for the upgrade any and all help would be great thank u in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-14, 08:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You need to get this fixed immediately. Call the power company and get a trouble truck out there. They may need to cut power while this gets fixed.
Is this at the connection to the power company wires?

Old 11-14-14, 08:54 PM
Yes its at there connection but dont kno if its there fault or mine and im working on fixing other code problems so I don't need any surprise inspections so first I would love to figure out the reason for this

Old 11-14-14, 09:44 PM
Group Moderator
Call the emergency number at the power company now. This could cause a panel fire. It isn't safe to not call the power company now.

Old 11-14-14, 11:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You do not want this to lead to a house fire while you delay calling.

Old 11-15-14, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator
Now! Call the PoCo now. No worries about inspections. JC, you have arcing and sparking on the highest voltage and amperage in your house. Call now....these guys are just waiting for these kind of calls.

Old 11-15-14, 05:07 AM
Hopefully you heeded the advice and called the power company. Now, I'd like to see some pictures of the outside meter socket, riser, weatherhead and wiring connections. What size wire and how many wires do you have in the riser?