Water coming through feed line into basement

Old 11-17-14, 06:12 PM
Question Water coming through feed line into basement

Our insurance will not cover it as it's underground. I don't have the funds to have it professionally repaired. I'm looking to find a solution that will stop the leak and be easily reversed when I do have the funds.

Things I have tried. I spray foam on the outside of the foundation, creeping sealant, and other stuff. Right now I have Duct Seal jammed up there from the inside, but that's not working at all. I haven't used spray foam up the conduit as of yet. I'm looking for something that's going to be water resistance as well.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-14, 07:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Can you show a picture of the other side of them wall?

Old 11-18-14, 04:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
While you are at it, tell us where this conduit goes. It looks to be a feed to a subpanel. Possibly to a garage? Out building? Pictures of its origination would help, too. Fixing it could be DIY, so let us help you.

Old 11-25-14, 10:55 AM
This goes directly outside of the foundation then runs about 25' to the meter via conduit.

I don't have a picture of the outside as of right now. However where it comes out of the foundation is a mess with all kinds of "fixes" I tried.

If the weather is good and the ground isn't frozen I will dig it up to snap a picture.

Old 11-25-14, 12:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Generally speaking all outdoor conduits collect some water. So a little water could be "normal", which is why we don't usually bring conduits through the foundation below grade. You could try a water tight foam duct sealant in the conduit like this one: http://www.polywater.com/ductseal.html

If however the water coming in is more than just a little bit, it's probably getting in through the top of the meter can, service mast, SE cable or weatherhead and running down through the meter can into the pipe. In that case, the opening needs to be found and fixed as it will destroy the service entrance leading to a very expensive repair.

When you're taking pictures, could you also get some shots of the meter can, mast and weatherhead?