Set-up pump and valves

Old 11-17-14, 08:00 PM
Lightbulb Set-up pump and valves

Hi!

Pardon my english, not my language

My name is Werner Salazar a agronomy student from the University of Costa Rica. I'm getting ready for my thesis work in greenhouse peppers and tomatoes.

I need to control different amounts of water inside the greenhouse, and so I will be using a computer that can control irrigation based on solar light and temperature.

I need to do all the electrical set-up but only know a very very little about electricity

I think I will need a security braker, 24V transformer, contactor and relays, but I have no idea on how to wire them and the capacity each thing needs to work good.

I only got access to one pump, so it needs to irrigate the 5 zones each one at a time, never two zones at the same time (can be programmed with the irrigation computer --sequential mode--)

One problem is that the irrigation zones are not the same size, so the water needed per minute is not the same in some zones. But the pump -pumps- the same amount of water to all zones so I solved that making a water re-flux into the water tank, so by closing a little or a lot a valve I can control that the pressure for each zone is 14 psi, the extra pressure (water) will be driven again into the water tank.

Zones 1 and 3, 2 and 4, have the same size, so the water per minute for that zones is the same, so they can share the same valve for the re-flux (me trying to save some money). But as I told, they need to open one at a time.

The re-flux valves are solenoid valves with flux control.

So when computer irrigate zone 5, needs to turn on valve 5, valve c and the pump (and all other valves closed).
When computer irrigate zone 4, needs to turn on valve 4, valve b and the pump (and all other valves closed).
When computer irrigate zone 2, needs to turn on valve 2, valve b and the pump (and all other valves closed).
When computer irrigate zone 3, needs to turn on valve 3, valve a and the pump (and all other valves closed).
When computer irrigate zone 1, needs to turn on valve 1, valve a and the pump (and all other valves closed).

Name:  Documento escaneado.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  25.5 KB

So this here is the first question:

Can the zones 1 and 3, 2 and 4 share the same re-flux valve? In example, when zone 1 is irrigating, the re-flux valve a is resieving 24V, how can I prevent that this 24V turns on the valve 3 which is also connected to that re-flux valve?

If that can not be possible, I will buy other two re-flux valves, so each zone have a re-flux for it self.

The irrigation computer is the iGrow 1400, you can download the manual in the next link:

http://link4corp.com/pdf/iGrow-1400-...a.May.2009.pdf

The manual have some examples on how to configure the electrical stuff, the computer can also control, temperature, humidity, CO2, vents, etc, but since I will only use it for irrigation with one pump and valves, I think the example of the first image is the one closer to what I need.

Name:  Captura de pantalla de 2014-11-17 21:01:50.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  26.9 KB
Name:  Captura de pantalla de 2014-11-17 21:02:11.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  34.4 KB
Name:  Captura de pantalla de 2014-11-17 21:02:36.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  36.9 KB

The pump I will use is going to run in V220 and is 5 meters away from the computer and wall panel with electricity set-up

Name:  IMG_3094.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  33.6 KB

All valves are 24V AC. The re-flux valves are 5 meters away from the wall and the greenhouse valves are 115 meters away from the wall.

Name:  IMG_3093.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  34.1 KB

I need help to know what to buy (relays, contactor, transformer, etc) and the capacity they need to be to run everything safe and smooth.

Also, very important I need to know how to wire everything. Drawings can be of great help since I dont understand electricity technical concepts.

I hope someone can help me with all this.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help and time.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-14, 06:40 PM
Someone there? really need some help

Old 11-18-14, 07:33 PM
Group Moderator
What you are asking is outside the scope of this forum. Thia is primarily a do it yourself residential wiring forum.

Old 11-18-14, 07:44 PM
I think is pretty simple wiring (for someone that know about alectricity) I can bet a house wiring is more complex than this. thats why I asked here. Hope someone can help