Dog e-fence

Old 11-21-14, 04:35 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dog e-fence

I'm trying to come up with a solution for an e-fence I'm installing. I'm trying to fence off my backyard using my house as one side of the containment. I'm trying to make the whole back of my house a dead area on the fence. The only solution for this in the installation manual is using a double loop. I don't have a big yard so doing that will make it even smaller as the wires have to be at least 5 feet apart. Is it possible to run the wire, splice it into 2 twisted wires and then back to one to create a dead spot?

Old 11-21-14, 05:00 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,262 Upvotes on 1,203 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I was thinking you could run the wire around the sides and front of the house to complete the loop but I don't know how much trouble that would create for you to take the dog out the front door.

Old 11-21-14, 06:45 PM
Received 716 Upvotes on 637 Posts
I understand wanting to use the e-fence, but I wish you would reconsider. Those things are not humane. And most vets do not recommend them. Use either a real fence or sustained training.

Old 11-21-14, 08:10 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Worked well for my dog, only shocked her twice before she learned. I shocked myself a few times too to make sure it was safe (it's not bad at all). I ran mine up my downspouts and along my gutters. Worked perfectly.

Watch these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtO8FyezBJk

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: