Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

2x 24v controllers with shared output causing feedback issues

2x 24v controllers with shared output causing feedback issues

Old 11-30-14, 04:37 PM
Question 2x 24v controllers with shared output causing feedback issues

Hi DIY forum,

This is not my field, but my brother needs some help and he's very computer illiterate so I will try and explain what he has passed onto me.

He's trying to fix an irrigation system that has been added to in a very piecemeal manner in the past and has ended up with this situation.

The system has 2 rainbird controllers that have a shared 24v output that seems to cause irregular errors when 1 controller turns on and not the other (such as a station turning on at the correct time but then staying on longer than it should).

it is a very large irrigation system and they can not locate where the commons join, so they need something that can prevent the common feeding into each other - maybe a diode of some form between one of the commons and its controller to prevent feedback??

Again, sorry if that makes no sense - I'm not particularly fluent in either area

Cheers,
Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-14, 04:59 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

You must physically find and break the connection. There is no way to isolate it. A diode won't work as the valves and supplies are AC.

Old 11-30-14, 05:54 PM
Thank you, he won't like it, but that's what he's paid for :P