What in the world is this thing?


Old 12-01-14, 05:17 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What in the world is this thing?

Hi guys, I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section to be posting this in but I figured you electrical guys would know if anyone. I was looking for an ethernet port to hook my computer up to the internet and aside from the regular electrical outlets I came upon this thing. Old posts for a T.V. antennae? You tell me. If need be I'll take the plate off so you guys can see inside. Name:  1621761_10152870252168498_4605309738339974527_n.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  7.4 KB
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-14, 05:20 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 54,540
Received 508 Votes on 478 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It looks like an old 300ohm twinlead antenna connection plate. I doubt you'd find any data wiring in there. If you wanted to remove the plate.... score between the plate and wall with a sharp knife to keep the paint from cracking.

Name:  1621761_10152870252168498_4605309738339974527_n.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  17.5 KB
Old 12-01-14, 05:21 PM
pcboss's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,996
Received 39 Votes on 34 Posts
Looks like an old antennae jack to me.
Old 12-01-14, 05:46 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wet side of Washington state.
Posts: 18,493
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
I agree with the others but I also want to see what, if anything, is in the wall.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: