Outdoor wire labels or marking tape, UV resistant??

Old 12-07-14, 03:25 AM
Outdoor wire labels or marking tape, UV resistant??

Hello,

Can anyone recommend any wire labels that can be used outdoors (UV and water resistant)?

Otherwise, is the standard Utilitech multi colored tape sufficient for outdoors? As seen HERE.

We have a lot of flexible SOOW outdoor cord at work and I'd like to label those for identification purposes. The Utilitech tape would be fine but I've never used that outdoors so I don't know how long it would last prior to fading? I'd like something that would last at least two years.

I'd most prefer some multi colored tape which is numbered so I could correspond it with the Panel breakers....

Thanks,

Ralph

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-14, 05:16 AM
I would be more inclined to use a 3M product,such as this.
Just my opinion. 3M 10836 | Tape - Electrical
Geo

Old 12-07-14, 06:58 AM
is the standard Utilitech multi colored tape sufficient for outdoors?
The Lowes house brand tape should last 2 years, no problem there, although I also prefer 3M tapes.

Old 12-08-14, 04:40 AM
When I worked as a roadie we used to use the wire markers and then cover it with a one inch piece of clear heat shrink. It seemed to handle us dragging the cables around outdoors for at least the life of the cable.

When we made up the cables we'd do it before the camlock / clipsal connectors where added. We also had asset tracking barcodes we added the same way.

Old 12-08-14, 01:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I use a DYMO printer, for which there are a multitude of indoor/outdoor labels: http://global.dymo.com/img/compel/xB...oY7DiPvVyO.pdf