Simple branch ckt addition for washer/dryer--need diagram

Old 12-14-14, 07:09 PM
Simple branch ckt addition for washer/dryer--need diagram

I am installing a Sears stacked washer/dryer in a condo and for permitting, I need an electrical connection diagram showing an updated panel reflecting the new branch ckt for the appliance, and wire sizing and electrical ratings for all equipment and conductors. This washer/dryer has a single 220v plugin cord that services both appliances.

So I am simply adding a 30 amp breaker to an existing spare slot in an existing wall panel breaker box and running 10 or 12 gauge wire from the box down through the wall to crawl space and across the room and up through the floor again to the location I will put the 220v outlet. This is all being done by a licensed electrician so it will be done correctly, but I need to draw this simple diagram to get the permit. Can anyone help with such a diagram, or refer me to sites that show examples, or standard symbols to use? Thanks to anyone who can help. I have the floor plan already drawn.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-14, 07:15 PM
Group Moderator
running 10 or 12 gauge
30 amp requires #10 minimum.
I will put the 220v outlet
It will probably be 120/240 (no 220 in the U.S.) but if your condo has 3 phase it could be 120/208.

Old 12-14-14, 07:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Why not let the contractor handle this when they get the permit? I have never submitted a drawing for a whole house let alone a simple receptacle addition.

Old 12-14-14, 08:23 PM
Why not let the contractor handle this when they get the permit? I have never submitted a drawing for a whole house let alone a simple receptacle addition.
Agree 100%. That's why you hire a contractor, to handle the whole thing.

Old 12-15-14, 01:58 AM
Okay, I'll do that. And yes, it w/b 240v, using 10 gauge wiring. But I wanted to get the drawing approved by DPP (Dept of Planning and Permitting) so that all the contractor has to do is sign off on the paperwork instead of spending hours downtown at my expense getting DPP approval. But I will ask him if he can draw me a quick sketch that will satisfy DPP and I will still do the submission.