Removing Type "S" Fuse Adapters

Old 01-15-15, 08:45 PM
Removing Type "S" Fuse Adapters

I have an old fused disconnect among other things that have the type "S" adapters installed. I'd like to save the adapters as well as the fuses to keep in my tool bag. Are there any ways to remove the adapters without destroying them? All I can find on the internet says you have to destroy them.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-15, 08:56 PM
Group Moderator
Hi Justin. Bringing back some memories there. I had the tool but it got borrowed and lost.

What you are looking for is a Trico 38080 x-tract-o tool. If you search for that part you should be able to find them yet.

Name:  TRICO-38080.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  29.4 KB

Old 01-16-15, 08:25 AM
Interesting tool, I didn't know there was a way to successfully remove them with them being destroyed. Not a big deal though, I cannot think of a single reason why I would ever use one.

Old 01-16-15, 11:28 AM
Group Moderator
Sometimes they were corroded in place and didn't always come out re-useable.

Old 01-16-15, 01:42 PM
Hi Justin. Bringing back some memories there. I had the tool but it got borrowed and lost.

What you are looking for is a Trico 38080 x-tract-o tool. If you search for that part you should be able to find them yet.

Thanks PJ I'll put that on the list. It looks like it's about 40 bucks, so it may not be worth it.

Interesting tool, I didn't know there was a way to successfully remove them with them being destroyed. Not a big deal though, I cannot think of a single reason why I would ever use one.

Stops people from putting 30's on 14-2 knob and tube. (Fuses are still common here)