on and off electrical socket/outlet ?

Old 01-25-15, 05:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
on and off electrical socket/outlet ?

Hi
First of all I'm new here and I'm sorry if I posted this on the wrong forums ...
I wanted ask something because I couldn't find any information on the internet about my problem. It's kinda weird but today when I went to gym my father cut out the electricity in my room ? Somehow I have no power??? No light in my room, the electrical outlet doesn't work, can't use my pc, can't charge my phone and so on ... The reason for that is because he doesn't want me to use my pc in the room... Kinda retarded anti-Pc dad ... I'm 22 years old, got a job I go to gym 4-5 times a week... Only thing I do when I'm home is using my pc... gaming, watching movies and so on ...
The thing is I can't ask him to fix it because the answer would be no for sure I mean like he cut it off zzzz... Of course I can't call someone else to fix it, it would be like " yo I'm here to fix your son his electrical outlet"... I'm from Belgium though sorry my english is kinda bad I know ... I hope you guys understood my problem and help me how to fix it

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-15, 05:46 AM
Temporarily Suspended
LOL My farther never went that far but he always thought that the PC should be shut down, when I wasn't home. I don't know how he shut your room with out affecting other parts of the house. Look at the breaker box first. If none are shut off, then he disconnected something somewhere. It won't be easy to find. It might be time to move.

Last edited by Pulpo; 01-25-15 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-25-15, 06:26 AM
Received 118 Votes on 108 Posts
This is not the place to ask for this kind of help. Good or bad he shut down the power is a specific way. To keep peace and safety don't try to by pass it. Seems to me you need to get your own apartment.

Old 01-25-15, 06:40 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Not suggesting it but I think I'd be tempted to remove the 120 volt breakers and take them with me to a friends house. No, not really suggesting it. Just a humorous thought if life was a movie.

Old 01-25-15, 11:06 AM
Received 43 Votes on 35 Posts
Kinda retarded anti-Pc dad ... I'm 22 years old, got a job I go to gym 4-5 times a week... Only thing I do when I'm home is using my pc... gaming, watching movies and so on ...
Why are you still living at home anyway? Remember, it's his house, not yours. I see you have two options. Make amends with your dad or get out of his house.

Old 01-25-15, 11:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Our cultural advice may be in the wrong place, since he is from Belgium and not Chicago. Families do things differently in other parts of the world. I would try to find out what your father expects and try to adhere to them, since he is the boss. You know you only told one side of the story anyway.....just sayin'.......Make peace, not war.

Old 01-25-15, 02:17 PM
Temporarily Suspended
European culture expects the sons to stay home until they are married. Not only that, if they get divorced. they return to the house. I bet that if he tries to leave, his father will tell him to stay. Disconnecting the electric is stupid, in any culture.