PVC T conduit body how many

Old 02-12-15, 07:06 AM
PVC T conduit body how many

I am running uf-b 10/2 w/g wire to an outside outlet and then 75 feet to a shed from outside panel box, with new added 20 amp breaker. at the outside outlet I want to use a PVC T conduit body so that I will only have one (3/4) nice PVC going up to the junction box. The t allows me to do this but my question is can I run 2 10/2 cables in a 3/4 inch t conduit body and in the 3/4 inch leg (about 24 inches) up the wall ?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-15, 07:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The access cover will need to remain accessible. It cannot be buried.

Without looking at the charts I do not think 3/4 PVC is large enough. It is not simply a matter of if the cable fits. Also the bend radius is very small. You would be better off to use individual THWN conductors.

Old 02-14-15, 10:51 AM
Only a masochist would try to run 10 AWG UF in a 3/4" conduit. Give yourself a break and use a bigger pipe or use THHN/THWN, as previously recommended. I have 12/3 UF direct-buried for some landscape lighting, and the smallest conduit I used for bringing that above ground is 1-1/4.

Also, it's not clear if this is what you intend, but this might apply ... not sure how current the reference is ... Page 70-168