120/208 voltage question

Old 02-16-15, 07:27 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
120/208 voltage question

What is 120/208 single phase three phase ? Is it two hots and a neutral and a ground for 208 and 120 single phase is one hot and a neutral and a ground?
Old 02-16-15, 07:31 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 64,639
Received 3,898 Upvotes on 3,494 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You won't find 208v in a house. You'll find it in a business or commercial application. It will be three phase 120/208. There are three live wires.... phase A, phase B and Phase C. Between each phase you will measure 208vac. Between any phase and neutral you'll measure 120vac.
Old 02-17-15, 05:03 AM
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,499
Received 92 Upvotes on 84 Posts
You can find this in residential apartment buildings. They can have 120/208v panels with only two of the three legs. So you can feed normal 120v circuits but only get 208 for stoves and ovens.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: