100 Amp Underground Service - Install Questions

Old 02-28-15, 09:47 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 50
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
100 Amp Underground Service - Install Questions

In Ontario, if I decide to put in a 100 amp Underground Service (to replace the existing overhead),I'm not clear where the demarkation point is.
(At a cost) Does my Utility dig the trench,lay the conduit and fish in the cables ?
I know they would do the connection on top of the power pole...... but who does the connection at the meter ?
Does my Utility have to work with ESA to get approvals for the trench,conduit etc ?
Old 02-28-15, 09:54 AM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 14,499
Received 916 Upvotes on 774 Posts
It varies by area and your best bet would be to contact the Power Company.

Around here the lines from the transformer to the line side of the meter are the power company's for an underground installation, and at the attachment point at the mast of an overhead installation.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: