10W Outdoor LED RGB Flood install?

Old 04-23-15, 09:47 PM
10W Outdoor LED RGB Flood install?

I bught 6 10W Outdoor LED RGB Flood Lts. I need to install these in series connection. For this can I use 14-2 gauge (600volts) cable wire?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-15, 11:50 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

You may be daisy chaining them but I doubt putting them in series. Daisy chaining is a parallel connection of fixtures.

You could use 14-2 UF cable which is the weatherproof version of NM/B cable like you have shown in your picture.

Are those 120vac fixtures ? They don't look like they have a UL listed weatherproof junction box with them.

Old 04-24-15, 07:27 AM
Yes, they are120vac (it says 85-240v). Inside has transformer.

Old 04-24-15, 11:59 AM
You'll need a weatherproof junction box at each fixture to make the fixture terminations. Like PJ stated, the cable in your picture cannot be used, it's for indoor use only. You'll need to use UF-B cable.

Old 04-24-15, 12:04 PM
What is the white cable coming out of the fixture,is that black cable listed for wet or damp locations?there doesn't appear to be a ground wire in that cable either only that yellow conductor with the ground label,probably not even UL listed.
Geo

Old 04-24-15, 12:21 PM
Group Moderator
Did you buy these om Ebay?

Old 04-24-15, 02:39 PM
Group Moderator
If those are RGB type lighting fixtures then that small white tail would be for the remote connection to assign the colors.

I was looking online at the multitude of these types of fixtures. Most have either a plug or a three wire cable. I'm a little leary of the fixture you've chosen as it only has two wires and no dedicated ground. The link below shows a similar unit to yours...... it shows a remote connection plug but states wireless remote control ?

Park / Gym Meanwell 10W Outdoor RGB LED Flood Light with Sensor

I actually found a similar fixture with a two wire plug that said for "in" aquarium use. Now that is very scary.

Old 04-24-15, 03:18 PM
Thanks PJ.

Yes, as PJ said this is RGB type lighting fixture. And white cable remote receiver cable. I bought these in eBay. I don't know, I need weatherproof junction box. Because this fixture is already weatherproof. They said I can use them in swing pool also.

This has 3 wires (including ground) cable.

Old 04-24-15, 03:25 PM
Group Moderator
I don't know, I need weatherproof junction box. Because this fixture is already weatherproof.
But it has a whip so the connection will be outside the light and that connection must be weather proof. Or are you saying the picture is wrong and there is no black cord as shown?

Old 04-24-15, 04:10 PM
You need to use a weatherproof "gland", what I normally call a "CGB" fiting, on the stub cable and the gland screws into a weatherproof box such as a "Bell" box with the wiring connections inside the box. Use a blank cover on the box.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49762[/ATTACH]
(Image courtesy of Texas Kayak Fisherman . com)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49763[/ATTACH]
(Image courtesy of Essential Hardware . com)

Attached Images   
Old 04-24-15, 04:26 PM
I won't be the first to jump in your pool if you put them inside,very dangerous situation,and you are not allowed to have a receptacle within 6' of the inside pool wall .
Just saying!
Geo

Old 04-24-15, 06:52 PM
They said I can use them in swing pool also.
Are these fixtures U.L. Listed? My guess would be "NO".