Neutral terminal kit that comes with panel box needed?

Old 05-02-15, 01:40 PM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Neutral terminal kit that comes with panel box needed?

The house is all electric and ran completely in pex no copper. There is no ufer ground so the ground rods outside bond at the meter on the outside of the house. There is no ground coming from the meter or ground rods outside to the panel box inside the home so if you look in the upper right corner by the main breaker there is a green screw bonding the neutral bar to the panel box grounding it.
My main question is am I missing anything? I don't know what I would use the neutral terminal kit for on this installation? It came with the panel box and I just want to make sure I am not missing anything?

Old 05-02-15, 02:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
the ground rods outside bond at the meter on the outside of the house.
In most areas the bond is at the first panel but some areas do require the bond at the meter. Your neutral bar should be bonded to the panel. Since ground and neutral are combined at the meter that is your bond for the panel. I see the bond on the right neutral bar. I'm not sure about the left but it is obviously connected somehow to the right.

Name:  a.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  18.9 KB

Old 05-02-15, 02:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
The lug adapter you have is to connect larger wires to the bus. If you do not have larger conductors it may not be needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: