Any 2008 NEC changes for bathrooms?

Old 05-28-15, 12:25 PM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Any 2008 NEC changes for bathrooms?

I'm remodeling my downstrairs 1/2 bath and plan to install a long overdue dedicated circuit.

As I have the 2005 NEC book, I want to check if anything has changed for bathrooms.

The plan is to install one dedicated circuit with two outlets - one GFCI above the sink the other regular on the adjacent wall. The light will be on a separate shared circuit.

Any issues with this plan?

Old 05-28-15, 12:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
NEC is now on 2014.
The plan is to install one dedicated circuit with two outlets - one GFCI above the sink the other regular on the adjacent wall.
All receptacles must be GFCI protected on a 20 amp dedicated circuit. Lighting can be on another circuit. Lighting circuit can be shared.

Old 05-28-15, 12:42 PM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Thanks Ray. Looks like I may need to invest in an updated book

Old 05-28-15, 01:20 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Because the NEC is so expensive (around a hundred bucks, give or take) and because much of it will never apply to anyone who is not working in electrical design and because it is available in a searchable form on line (at least it used to be, albeit you need to register) I see no reason why any lay person would want to purchase the NEC. Then, to add insult to injury, many jurisdictions modify the NEC to fit their own purposes before enacting it into law.

Remember, ONLY the LOCAL code has any enforcement provisions and ONLY the LOCAL code is of any relevance.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: