LCD Separator machine/heating surface!!

Old 06-06-15, 04:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LCD Separator machine/heating surface!!

Hi guys,
I'm new here!! First of all, I love this place, it's full of interesting things... hope that I can contribute to make it better.
I'm from Italy (that's why I don't speak a very good english, forgive me, please!!) and I'm really interested in DIY in general.
Today I was looking for a "LCD Digitizer Separator Machine". It consists in a heating plate and some clamps (used to secure the piece) to separate LCD from the digitizer. It is a very easy thing: you have to secure the piece, turn ON the separator machine an decide how much hot you want an alluminium or metal plate (generally 70 to 90C). If you google it, you can find a lot of images and understand what I'm talking about!!
Some model have also a vacuum to secure the piece instead the clamps, it's interesting but in my first version of this device I'm looking for a more cheap solution, so clamps can be ok!!
I've looked for this machine in China marketplace and found it for about 68 (shipped), that it isn't much, but the dimensions are not good to fit all screen and in second place, I bet that I can build my own for less price and better quality wiring and components!!

That's the shop list:
- Switch button
- Power socket with fuse.
- Probably a AC/DC converter (remember that here in Italy we have 230V@50Hz)
- Metal plate (Allu can be good??)
- A Temperature controller
- Heating system
- I would also add another temperature sensor to check the real temperature of the plate.
- Fan in the box to secure that every electric component will not become too much hot!!

I've seen that most of chinese product use a PID temperature controller REX-C100, but there is any more reliable component?
I would like to know first, how I can do a good heating system, with not so high energy consumption. In second row I need someone that help me with the circuit, because I never used a PID and this kind of things!!

Thanks in advice!!

Sorry again for every english mistake, hope that everything it's readable!!

Old 06-06-15, 04:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Votes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Are you quoting Italian Lire at 68? That converts to small change in US currency (.03). In Euro that would be about $75 US. We would need to know the cost of market prices, accurately, to determine if making your own would be feasible.

Old 06-06-15, 04:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks!!

Exactly, the prices of this machine is 74.99$. But I don't know anything about the quality of this machine, for that price... Is a good deal but what about the reliable of all components?
Italian Lire are not used since 2001

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: