RV receptacle

Old 07-02-15, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
RV receptacle

I need to put in service for our rv and have worked mfg maintenance, so have some electrical background (DC to 480). I have a 100 amp sub panel in basement fed from 200 amp main panel. There is also another 100 amp sub panel in garage. The rv is 160 feet from sub panel in basement and my question is the best way to do this. I'm considering a sub panel near carport with rv and then a short run to rv pedestal. Will the inspectors not like so many sub panels? Should I just run to rv pedestal in conduit from existing sub panel? Is it electrician time for a consultation? One last question - on an rv pedestal with a 50/30/and 20GFCI is it fed with 50 amps or one circuit for each outlet?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-15, 11:58 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
No limit on subpanels and since you need three separate circuits for the pedestal a sub panel makes the most since. Probably a 60 amp circuit using #6 copper for the two hots and neutral and #10 for the ground. You may need to go larger if you plan to use the 30a and 50a at the same time.

Old 07-03-15, 04:54 AM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
IF the RV pedestal has integrated circuit breakers for the 30 and 20 ampere receptacles then you only need one feed to the pedestal. If the 50 ampere receptacle also has an integrated circuit breaker I would suggest a 60 ampere feeder circuit.