diy display fridge

Old 07-05-15, 09:16 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
diy display fridge

Hello....i am trying to make a cheap option display fridge(delhi counter style) i have seen them new @ $ 1700 which is way out of my budget...i was wondering if i can mske my own...i have found somewhere that makes custom units of stainless steel and glass...perfect for what i need but with no refrigeration inside for 400$...
Can i take the internal guts from an old fridge and put it into the unit? OR can i put a standup air conditioner unit into it(i know this only goes down to about 16-17 degrees) ...are there any problems i might encounter? Thanks.

Old 07-05-15, 10:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! The only problem with retrofitting such a case with something not made for it would be the size of the refrigeration unit, how you would control it, and how would you equally distribute the cold air. You would need some sort of ducting to take the cold air up and hot air back down. I don't think an air conditioner will give you the 38 degrees you need to keep food fresh, and I haven't seen any that will reach 16 degrees, yet.

Old 07-05-15, 12:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,046 Upvotes on 3,630 Posts
You didn't mention what you are putting in it or what temp you require but building your own is not an easy job.

I would highly recommend checking with a used commercial appliance retailer. I've had several customers buy them in NJ with good results at a fair price.

MaxMuller0642 voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: