Remodeling project, electrical question

Old 10-21-15, 04:31 AM
Remodeling project, electrical question

Hi all, My brother and I are in the process of remodeling part of the house in which we were raised. It's an 1840's farm house. In one of the rooms we removed the old horse hair plaster (messy dang job) and wood lathe thinking we'd insulate the ceiling and cover it over with sheet rock. But, looking at the old hand hewn beams, they too beautiful to cover over so we decided to keep them exposed. Due to the lack of air movement in the room, especially in the hot humid days of summer (New England), we want to install a ceiling fan but we want the cable to blend into dark color of hand hewn beams. Is it okay to paint the NM cable so that it blends with the beams, essentially making it disappear? Is there another product that I can use that can blends with the beams without the use of paint? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Roger

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-15, 04:36 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Wire mold might work. If you can't find it in colors, you could paint it.

Old 10-21-15, 04:50 AM
Pulpo - thanks for the quick reply. Do I need to worry about volume? My plan is run to 1 each red, black, white and green THHN. The reason for the multiple conductors is I want to have the option of operating only the light without fan, fan without the light or everything all together. Thanks. Roger

Old 10-21-15, 05:04 AM
Temporarily Suspended
There are different widths available. Search it, on Google images. Of course, local codes apply.

Old 10-21-15, 05:07 AM
Of course, Google it. I should have thought of that. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. When the project is done I'll post a couple of pics showing what we did. Roger

Old 10-21-15, 05:16 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Ok, good luck

Old 10-21-15, 06:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The Wiremold 500 should be large enough , if not the 700 would be.