Dimplex electric fireplace stove Switch problem

Old 12-27-15, 12:41 PM
Dimplex electric fireplace stove Switch problem

I have a dimplex fireplace stove that the rocker switch continues to go bad every year. I probably only use it maybe 10 or 12 times a year. That seems to be pretty bad for longevity on a rocker switch. I have replaced it twice with a C1500AA 16 amp 125 ac switch. It is only an on off switch. It turns on the main power then 2 other switches are there to select either low heat (1 switch) or high heat (both switches). It has a heater, blower, and flickering lights to simulate a fire.
What I am asking is there a better switch that I can put in this stove? Would a toggle switch be better? I don't mind that a toggle switch would not fill the rectangular hole of the rocker switch as when the door is closed you cannot see the switches anyhow. I just want a switch that will last over a year! Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-15, 01:19 PM
Group Moderator
Most rocker switches are just plastic and those import ones are soft plastic and are being run close to their rated maximum due to the electric heating element.

They do make better toggles but they are larger and would require the hole to be enlarged.
You may be able to find a toggle to fit in the existing mounting hole.

Old 12-27-15, 07:34 PM
This should be pretty close: C1300AABBEN602A Arcolectric | Switches | DigiKey

It's rated for 20 Amps so it gives you a little more margin. I couldn't find a higher rated switch in that form factor.

No reason you couldn't use a toggle if you don't mind making a bracket or using washers to mount it in the rectangular opening. If you could find a 25 or 30 Amp toggle that would work well. Just make sure it rated to handle the line voltage; there are a lot of automotive toggles out there.