Help with fancy timer

Old 12-31-15, 09:50 PM
Question Help with fancy timer

Hello guys:
I'm stuck in a building where the water bombs are connected to this fancy timer, the problem is that I have to wait many hours until rut by itself (I have no water). My home timers had an "override" switch to turn it on no matter the set schedule. My guest this have it too, but I don't know how to operate it. If you know, please help to get some water :P
Name:  2016-01-01 02.28.59.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  52.6 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-15, 10:23 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

What is a water bomb ??

Those are control relays and contactors. Nothing to manually turn on there.
What is this switch ? That may control something.

Name:  2016-01-01 02.28.59.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  15.6 KB

If not.... take a larger picture or two of the area and maybe we'll spot something.

Old 12-31-15, 11:03 PM
I'm sorry bomb is fake friend of bomba, which mean pump, these knobs are to select the operating mode, as there are 3 pump and only 2 work at the time (is a kind of redundancy I guess).
I think the forum software did downgrade image res, here are link to my dropbox full res:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut8mvciawr...46.04.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m93xw9xpds...46.44.jpg?dl=0

Still dry here

Old 12-31-15, 11:32 PM
Group Moderator
See..... you said bombs. If you had said bombas I would have known pumps.

Looks like you're in luck.

The black switch controls the order of pump cycling.
The three switches I labeled above that are manual over ride switches.
Putting the switch in manual will turn the pump on.... BUT I don't know if the pump will automatically shut off when in the manual mode so watch the system pressure.

Name:  bomba.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  27.2 KB

Old 01-01-16, 12:30 AM
no luck

I tried these one by one all three in manual and there was no activity in the pumps. Perhaps these switch are "after" the timers? so you can only set to manual control (of pressure sensor) when the timer is on.

Old 01-01-16, 09:09 AM
Group Moderator
There is no timer visible in any of the pictures you posted. I can only guess what else controls those pumps.

In the systems I work on...... manual brings the pumps on regardless of anything previous. That's the reason they're there..... for manual override in case control equipment malfunctions.

Old 01-02-16, 04:48 PM
I have no idea how it is wired from your picture. However, by searching for model numbers of devices in your picture I found a timer.

Camsco TB-45 (Small white device to left on DIN rail) is 24 Hours Time Switch.

P235. TB-45 Non Power Failure 24 Hours Time Switch - Camsco

Looks like it has a built in rechargeable battery and it keeps the time even during power failure.

There are pins on the wheel inside cover that you can control on/off 15 minute interval.

Since I have no idea how it is wired and configured I don't know if that timer is what is causing trouble for you, so careful when configuring it.
All I can say is that timer is not directly controlling the pumps, but instead it is part of the control circuit.

Also I see 3 contactors (relays) to the right. (2 black and 1 white)
I believe those are what is connected to the pump. If so, you should be able to manually turn them on by pushing the contactors. (blue or brown part in the middle).
But, you have to careful with water pressure. I see pressure switches, but they appear to be wired to the controller. By manually turning on the conractors, you have bypasses safety devices.

If there is a circuit diagram or inside picture of the controller (the one with breaker), it would be more helpful.