Wiring Diagram for Ceiling Fan/Light

Old 02-08-16, 10:13 AM
Group Moderator
You keep saying that but based on what section of the NEC? Explain exactly what will happen with the two connected. Can you draw a better diagram with out using 4-conductor cable? If so post it. Are you a pro? If so post it in your profile. No, I am not a pro. I don't claim to be. I will always defer to the pros grater knowledge. The pros though looked at my circuit and saw nothing wrong so please explain don't just make accusations with out backup explanations.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-16, 10:40 AM
Group Moderator
??? Do i need to change something?
I don't know. My last diagram with a 4-conductor cable is definitely correct. I know it is finished but perhaps you should redo it.

Old 02-08-16, 01:03 PM
Sorry, I thought it was obvious once you took a closer look. NEC 310.10(H)

Old 02-08-16, 02:11 PM
Group Moderator
But they are not paralleled and are not in the same raceway. The focus of that articles is where one wire is not large enough to carry the whole load. It refers to the requirements to use two undersize wires in place of a single wire of adequate size. The reason for the requirements is it is difficult to get equal flow in both wires and one wire may become overloaded. In this case both wires are of adequate size for the total current flow so no problem if the current flow is not split equally.

In fact the circuit is designed so if only the fan or only the light is used you will still have a hot and neutral in the same raceway as required by code.
one of the white wires needs disconnected.
If, as you suggest one neutral is disconnected then if say it was the light neutral if only the light was on you would not have both conductors in the same raceway as required by code.