Challenger breaker panel cover needed

Old 02-29-16, 08:42 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Challenger breaker panel cover needed

Hello DIY folks. I just stumbled across this site, which looks great. I have a Challenger Breaker Panel from a house built in the mid 1990's. It measures 14 inches wide X 28 3/4 inches tall. I need the panel cover that goes over the breakers. I do not have the original cover...there was none there when I bought the house. There are a couple stickers that I found in the panel that may indicate the exact type. One sticker says USE IN BOX CBL202040. Another sticker says USE WITH COVER CAT NO CCOVC35. 12 /240 VAC 1PH-3W ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON INSIDE OF DOOR 30-17485-34. If you have the cover, or if you can point me in the direction of someone who may carry this type of cover, please let me know. Just looking for the cover. The breakers and the box are in good shape. Many thanks in advance.

Old 02-29-16, 11:00 AM
Received 164 Votes on 147 Posts
Another sticker says USE WITH COVER CAT NO CCOVC35.
I think you are out of luck, Challenger was bought by Eaton over 15 years ago. The only option I can see is to contact some used equipment dealers about the catalog number you are looking for, "CCOVC35". There is also a very slim possibility that Cutler-Hammer may still make a BR series loadcenter that would be an exact duplicate, but the odds of that are very very low.

Old 02-29-16, 03:42 PM
P
Received 210 Votes on 178 Posts
You may need more than just a cover, perhaps a new panel. Some Challenger panels are a fire hazzard. You need to do some research.
See this .....
http://www.brubakerinc.com/home-serv...ic-panel-fire/

and

http://inspectapedia.com/electric/Ch...cal_Panels.php

Old 03-01-16, 07:44 AM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Votes on 43 Posts
Last ditch effort would be to take good measurements, draw a layout and have a sheet metal shop make flat one with proper cut outs. You don't need to have a door on it, just need the live parts covered with a dead front.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: