Where can I buy an EMT Tee fitting?

Old 03-20-16, 10:50 AM
Where can I buy an EMT Tee fitting?

Pretty self explanatory. I need to connect some 3/4" EMT together to form a "T" but I can't find anywhere to buy a T connector.

I checked local Home Improvement stores and Amazon and came up empty. The only thing I found via Google are some items for building greenhouses but they're expensive and have high shipping.

Does anyone know of another name for the items I can search on Amazon or maybe I need to find a specialty store of some sort. Any help would be great.

This is not actually for an electrical use, we're making a frame out of EMT pipe and need a T a couple piece together. It could be one long piece that a second piece just butts up again, or it could be three pieces that come together inside the connector.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-16, 10:55 AM
Group Moderator
The only Tee they make is a T conduit body. Here is one at the big orange store: 3/4 in. Rigid Type-T Threaded Conduit Body-58807 - The Home Depot I don't recall seeing them on the shelf so you might have to order it, although the web site shows the store near me has it available.

Old 03-20-16, 12:00 PM
The pipe I'm using isn't threaded so not sure if those will work. Or I'd have to go get different pipe. hmm.

I've seen these two types online but have no idea where to get them.

greenhouse t-connector

and

http://backyardtheater.com/forums/in...ch=17401;image

For the one you linked above, is it open in side that I could get one the next size up and slide my 3/4" pipe through it?

Old 03-20-16, 12:11 PM
Group Moderator
If you are not using the EMT for electrical that may change the answers you get so what is this for?

Old 03-20-16, 12:19 PM
Group Moderator
For EMT you screw in a EMT connector (either set screw or compression) into the conduit body and connect the EMT to the connector. You could use rigid pipe which is sold at the big orange store. The could also thread it for you.

For the one you linked above, is it open in side that I could get one the next size up and slide my 3/4" pipe through it?
Yes. The next size up is 1". 1 in. Rigid Type-T Threaded Conduit Body-58810 - The Home Depot

Old 03-20-16, 07:21 PM
Some of the conduit bodies have a set screw to take EMT but because of that are not fully sealed. Here is one. I think that the cover is separate.

Topaz ET2 - Buy Now | Westway Electric Supply