Shed and Pond Electric

Old 04-29-16, 06:50 AM
Shed and Pond Electric

Hi, I just bought a house in February. There is a great spot in the rear of yard for a pond. I am a fish keeper so am wanting to add an around 2500 gallon pond there. The problem is there is no electric in that area. There also is a shed more by the house that while I am at it I would like to add a light and a couple of outlets to it. The pond is in the south east corner of yard. The shed is right outside of the north door so on middle north of the yard. I was thinking of running the conduit along rear and north fence to pick up the shed. the problem is my panel is in my garage. My garage area is completely surrounded by concrete either sidewalks or AC pads. How am I going to get the line from the dirted area to the point of house where I will need to make a penetration to the panel? Should i run up the exterior of the shed and make a line in the air? or tear out the side walk and patch it?

Thanks,

Tony

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-16, 07:08 AM
It's be a shame to have to put in an overhead line. Is there a place you can run underground to the house and then run in the basement or attic to get to the panel in the garage?

If you have a dirt area between garage and concrete you could tunnel a line under the concrete. It's pretty easy to go under a few feet of concrete; harder but still doable if concrete is wide.

Old 04-29-16, 07:25 AM
I could go to the attic on the south side of the house. The problem is the pond is on the south side but the shed is on the north side, but I guess I could reverse my thinking and start the line from the shed. Their unfortunately is no basement. The attic space is very tight to try to bring the line from one side of the house to the other and I am a bigger guy so... There is no dirt between sidewalk and exterior wall of garage so going under really is not an option. I may just end up having to saw cut a section of side walk out and patch over it.

Old 04-29-16, 10:00 AM
Group Moderator
In the end it's sometimes actually easier to just start with the hard method and cut a slot in the concrete. Dig your trench. Run conduit. Then patch the concrete.

What kind of fish will you have? It sounds a bit tight for koi.