Running cable from breakers in garage...

Old 05-12-16, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Running cable from breakers in garage...

Considering doing some of the electric work myself. I am comfortable pulling cables. My only question is how to get the cables from the breaker panel up to the attic to drop down where I want them.

Breaker panel is in the garage and there is a bedroom above it. My initial thought was to drill through the garage ceiling/bedroom floor and make a raceway in the room (versus in the wall itself). The only thing I'm worried about is exhaust fumes getting in to that bedroom... I can spray 'Great Stuff', but I dont know that would be sufficient to ward off the fumes...

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-16, 04:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Why make a raceway in the room above? Why not make the raceway up the wall from the panel and across the ceiling in the garage? That way there is no penetration to the other room. Wiremold makes surface mounted raceways for your application.

Old 05-13-16, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
interesting. That is another option. That would put the wires in the laundry area. Its a split level home, so I would either go straight across from there to access the 'ceiling' of the (unfinished) basement on half the house or I would go up into the (small) bathroom to get to the attic above