Outdoor wiring for led floodlight

Old 07-15-16, 04:22 PM
Outdoor wiring for led floodlight

I am trying to install 3 50 watt led floodlights. I have an outlet that I would like to tap into but not sure if I am doing it right. I plan on wiring the new wire into the back of the outlet. At the spot of the first light I will add a 2 gang outlet and wire the light directly to that outlet. Then run wire from that outlet to the second light, I do not need an outlet here so I was going to wire the lights directly to the line. Then continue the line going to the last light where I will place another outlet. What I want to make sure is that the second light can be directly spliced into the line. The lights say 85-200v so I think it should be ok. Also I am unsure of how many outlets can be connected on one line.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-16, 05:14 PM
Outdoor receptacles need to be in weatherproof boxes with in-use covers. You can wire the floodlights directly into the boxes without using receptacles if you wish, but will need to use watertight cord connectors. There is no limit to how many receptacles can be on a circuit as long as the load on the circuit won't exceed its rating.