help looking for this motor

Old 09-02-16, 05:47 PM
Received 225 Votes on 200 Posts
help looking for this motor

This is from my son. I did a quick Google search and thought I found it BUT...the key here is 24v AC not 240V ac. Don't know what it's for or why he needs it.

"Thought this would be any easy fix, but can't seem to find a TY50-B anywhere on line."

He promised a free beer to anyone that can find an exact match. Don't know how you're gonna collect.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-16, 05:57 PM
J
Received 75 Votes on 70 Posts
So why can you not find out what it goes on and what he needs it for?
Going to need far more info off the motor plate then what you gave.
Ty50-B means nothing as you found out.

Old 09-02-16, 06:02 PM
Yea, I ask him to give more info. I think it's from a clock. And I'm betting he's trying to preserve the original working as opposed to just getting a new motor that will keep time. If I find out I'll pass it along.

Old 09-02-16, 06:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,019 Votes on 946 Posts
That motor is basically a high voltage motor. The lower voltage listings for a similar motor are use specific. What is it used in ?

peterparts/CCatalogPages_5C862_5C863.pdf

Old 09-02-16, 07:58 PM
PJ: Looks like you and Son #2 are on the same track.

Son #2 (the Fair haired boy), says this:
"It looks like a lot of people are having the same trouble. But this particular motor appears to be used in a lot of different applications. Microwaves, heaters, record turntables....what did you pull it out of? We may have to find an equivalent. This link is direct from the factory (Zhaoqing Longtou Electronic & Electric Factory-) but I can't seem to find your model.

I can only find 120V versions. But I'm starting to wonder if they are the same because the RPM is proportionally higher: 24 V / 120 V = 0.2 and 1.2 RPM / 0.2 = 6 RPM. This motor (http://www.peterparts.com/%5CCatalog...5C62%5C863.pdf) is showing it's rated speed at 5 RPM over 120 V. I think its the same thing with a different label.

What is the shaft size? It should be a pretty simple task to adapt it if it doesn't match. In fact, at such low RPM and torque I'm sure a 3D printed adapter would work just fine. "

Son #1 replies:
"This is for the electric litter box. The system uses two of these. One for the conveyor and one for the rotating basin. The basin motor is shot. It is geared to turn the whole basin one revolution per hour. I really did not think this was going to be hard to find. It will take about 5 mins to replace of I can find the part."

Fair haired boy (son #2) may be on to something.

Old 09-04-16, 12:30 PM
For those who might be interested in the solution for this post. Some times the obvious answer escapes us.

My son-in-law solved the problem.

From my son referring to son-in-laws response

"Hi Guys,

I think Angel wins the beer!

Shop for Simply CleanŽ Litter Box Bowl Motor Repair Kit by PetSafe - PAC00-13588

I never thought to go to the product manufacturer website for a refurb kit! The main gear wheel and assembly is more than I need, but expected the motor alone to cost around $10, so if this does the job I guess it's worth it for a few bucks more. Also, I hear some people are having problems with the teeth getting chewed up on plastic gear wheel. I suspect though it's because they don't clean it enough and let grit get in to housing.

So, no beer for dad and Scott, but apparently, this is a common problem so being able to source just a motor for the next break down would be good. Same motor is used for conveyor so it would be worth having a spare around. There maybe a bag of chips at stake. ;-)

Thanks guys,

Chris"