Outdoor 50 amp RV receptical

Old 09-08-16, 12:48 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outdoor 50 amp RV receptical

I'm looking for an outdoor 50 amp RV receptical. All I can find are the metal gray flip up ones like this: GE 50 Amp Temporary RV Power Outlet-U054P - The Home Depot. I'm installing it on the front of house so as to plug in the camper while we're loading/unloading. I'd like something more aesthetic or more hidden though. Any suggestions?

Ideally I'd like to put a 50 amp RV outlet out by the street, but I can't have a post with a box on it because of the HOA. I'd like something hidden at ground level that I could even just run the mower over without thinking about. Perhaps with a flip up lid to plug in. Is there any such contraption like this?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-16, 12:54 PM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 43 Votes on 41 Posts
The box has to be that size to accommodate the 50A wires. I'd recommend building some sort of decorative cover to hang over it and disguise it. There would be no problem painting the box to match the house.

There are no receptacles that can be mounted below the soil level. Burial depth for the feeder by the driveway would be 18" or 24" depending on how you wire it. I can't imagine you can hide that type of excavation in the front yard without getting the proper permits.